Monday, July 2, 2007

Colin

There's a story that has been circulating around Aaron's family for some time, that there was an uncle who died with no offspring. This uncle's name was Colin. The story goes that there is an unknown inheritance for any relative who names their son Colin (only applicable to those with his surname, which we have).

For years, Aaron has joked (I hope he's joking, he claims he's not) that we will have a son and name him Colin. Too bad it's a horrid name and I'd never do that to a child.

Last night Aaron came up with a brain wave, that we could name a son Colin but call him Olly as a nickname. He knows I like the name Oliver, and particularly the nickname Olly.

My first thought when he said "Colin - Olly!" was something completely different. It reminded me of the word 'colonoscopy'.

So we came up with an even better name:

Colin Oscar Pete.



Oh to be so cruel.

No comments: